Neuroimaging and image analysis
Developing new image computing tools and applying them to facilitate the detection of imaging biomarkers for various neurological disorders.
The role of medical imaging is crucial in understanding how the brain is constructed and functions in healthy and diseased states. The objective of my research is trying to develop and apply various computational methodologies to objectively describe the brain structure and behavior.
1. Wutao Lou, Lin Shi, Adrian Wong, Winnie C.W. Chu, Vincent C.T. Mok, and Defeng Wang, Changes of Cerebral Perfusion and Functional Brain Network Organization in Patients with Mild Cognitive Impairment, Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, DOI 10.3233/JAD-160201, (2016).
2. Qi Dou, Hao Chen, Lequan Yu, Lei Zhao, Jing Qin, Defeng Wang, Vincent CT Mok, Lin Shi, Pheng-Ann Heng. Automatic Detection of Cerebral Microbleeds from MR Images via 3D Convolutional Neural Networks. IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging 35.5: 1182-1195, (2016).
3. Lin Shi, Lei Zhao, Adrian Wong, Defeng Wang, and Vincent Mok. Mapping the Relationship of Contributing Factors for Preclinical Alzheimer’s Disease. Scientific Reports, Article number: 11259 (2015).
4. Peipeng Liang, Lin Shi (equal contributor as the first author), Nan Chen, Yishan Luo, Xing Wang, Kai Liu, Vincent Mok, Winnie CW Chu, Defeng Wang, Kuncheng Li, Construction of brain atlases based on a multi-center MRI dataset of 2020 Chinese adults, Scientific Reports (2015).
5. Lin Shi, Defeng Wang, Winnie CW Chu, Shangping Liu, YunyunXiong, Yilong Wang, Yongjun Wang, Lawrence KS Wong, Vincent CT Mok. Abnormal Organization of White Matter Network in Patients with noDementia after Ischemic Stroke. Plos One, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0081388 (2013).
6. Yishan LUO, Lin SHI, Jian WENG, Hongjian HE, Winnie CW CHU, Feiyan CHEN, Defeng WANG, Intensity and Sulci Landmark Combined Brain Atlas Construction for Chinese Pediatric Population, Human Brain Mapping, 35(8):3880-92 (2014).
7. Lin Shi, Defeng Wang, Steve CN Hui, Michael CF Tong, Jack CY Cheng, Winnie CW Chu. Volumetric Changes in Cerebella Regions in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis as Compared with Healthy Controls. Spine Journal. pii: S1529-9430(13)00720-1 (2013).
8. Lin Shi, Defeng Wang, Shangping Liu, Yuehua Pu, Yilong Wang, Winnie CW Chu, Anil T Ahuja, Yongjun Wang. Automated Quantification of White Matter Lesion in Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Patients with Acute Infarction. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 213(1), Pages 138–146 (2013).
9. Lin Shi, D. Wang, W.C.W. Chu, R.G. Burwell, B.J.C. Freeman, P.A. Heng, and J.C.Y. Cheng, Volume-Based Morphometry of Brain MR Images in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis and Healthy Control Subjects, American Journal of Neuroradiology, 30:1302-1307, (2009).
10.Lin Shi, Defeng Wang, Winnie C.W. Chu, Tien-Tsin Wong, Geoffrey R. Burwell, and Jack C.Y. Cheng, Pheng Ann Heng. MRI Segmentation and Morphoanatomy Analysis of the Vestibular System in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis, NeuroImage, 54 Suppl 1:S180-8. (2011).