Dr Green completed his medical degree at Bristol University in the UK. Following various hospital jobs in medicine, surgery and intensive care as a junior doctor he worked in the Philippines as a SCUBA dive medic & GP for an NGO. He then undertook postgraduate specialist training in radiology with subspecialty interests in head & neck and nuclear medicine including PET-CT.
He has travelled extensively to all seven continents and worked abroad as a doctor and as a biologist prior to changing career to medicine, which included two and a half years living on a remote research station in the Antarctic.
He joined the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2021 and is involved in medical undergraduate teaching, as well as clinical radiology focussing on head and neck.
Dr Green is a keen medical educator and has worked as a dedicated clinical teaching fellow for Bristol University medical students. At the Chinese University of Hong Kong he is actively involved in developing and delivering part of radiology teaching curriculum.
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) – University of Bristol
Bachelor of Science (BSc) – University of Southampton
Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education – TLHP (Teaching and Learning for Health Professionals) – University of Bristol
Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
Head and Neck imaging
- Nawwar A A, Searle J, Green C, Lyburn I. Infection Control of COVID-19: Surgical Mask-Related Facial Cutaneous Artifact on FDG PET/CT. Clin Nucl Med. 2020 Nov.
- Green C, Morrison H, Smith P, Golstani F, Rice C, Coulthard E, Searle J, Lyburn I. COVID-19 associated acute disseminated encephalomyelitis with corpus callosal haemorrhage. Neurology. Jan 2021, 96 (2) e307-e308.
- Green C, Karnati G, Thomson K, Subramanian A. Lumbar spine radiographs – is it time for widespread adoption of posteroanterior projection? Br J Radiol. 2019 Nov, 92(1103).
- Green C J, Holly J M, Bayer A S, Fish M, Ebrahim S, Gallacher J, Ben-Shlomo Y. The role of IGF-I, IGF-II, and IGFBP-3 in male cognitive aging and dementia risk: the Caerphilly Prospective Study. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease : JAD. 2014 ;41(3):867-875.
- Green C J, Maxwell R, Verne J, Martin RM, Blazeby J M. The influence of NICE guidance on the uptake of laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer.J Public Health. 2009;31:541–545
- Green, C J, Trathan, P N, Preston, M. A new automated logging gateway to study the demographics of macaroni penguins (Eudyptes chrysolophus) at Bird Island, South Georgia: testing the reliability of the system using radio telemetry.Polar Biol 2006;29, 1003–1010
- Trathan P N,Green C J, Tanton J, Poncet J, Morton A. Foraging dynamics of macaroni penguins Eudyptes chryolophus at South Georgia during brood‐guard. – Ecol. Prog. Ser. 2006; 323: 239– 251